Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm still here...

Well, so much for consistency… I revived my blogging last week and haven’t been back since. Typical me. This has been an emotional week for me; I think I’ve cried more than I haven’t. I miss my daddy and my heart is aching for what my beautiful daughter is going through. However, I DID make a commitment to keep it light – and so I’m going to share a story about my daughter, K. Hopefully, there’s at least ONE person reading this that hasn’t heard this one – but it’s one of my favorites.


K was about 16, and we were on our way to a family dinner and were stopped at a red light. In front of us was an old Ford Crown Victoria. The license plate was: CROWN V. We always liked trying to figure out unusual vanity plates, but this was obvious, so I didn’t comment on it.

After a few seconds, K said, “Crown V? What’s that supposed to mean?” I smiled, thinking she was thinking too hard and missing the obvious. “Crown Victoria?” I replied. She smiled and a wave of understanding washed over her face… “Ohhhh”, she said. “That’s those really smart people in school!”

Deep breath. Don’t laugh. “No baby. That’s a Valedictorian.”

No comments: